Sunday, January 13, 2008

Week 1--Response to Amy K's Blog

I can relate to your comment about people who have been broken by the Church, myself included. It’s interesting to think of our time at Fuller and how our theologies will be inevitably shaped by our negative experiences with Church. People like you and me will continually seek out and emphasize the apparent lack of love, grace and compassion in the Church. These realities that believers like us seize upon are just as important as other realities from different perspectives. Like Bevans points out, such is inherent in contextual theology. I hope we are, as you say, getting back to the basics. But I think the way back (whatever that means???) unavoidably means an upheaval (whatever that means???) in the Church. In order for something to truly live and thrive, it must die first, right?

No comments: